My Personal Tour of the new LeConte Medical Center Hospital in Sevierville

It really wasn't the way that I had hoped to see our community's new hospital.  There was a community tour date a couple of weeks ago but I was out of town and missed it.  When a kidney stone attack hit me last Wednesday night, I knew that I would have an opportunity to see the new facility, at least the emergency room portion of it.  Sevierville's new medical center is a remarkable advance for our town and the surrounding area.  As the only hospital in all of Sevier County, the new medical center was a much needed step for the growth of our home town.

Much larger than the old badly outdated and insufficient building across the street, our new hospital is a state of the art community medical facility.  As functional as it is attractive, the gleaming corridors and well lit areas are a huge improvement.  I would like to thank all of the employees of Leconte Medical Center and especially the men and women that were directly related to my care.  Jeffrey, the emergency room waiting area nurse and admissions clerk was very kind and found a way to get pain medicine to me even before I went through triage.  Ashley, my nurse was extremely pleasant and helpful all night long during her 12 hour shift.  Dr. Bradley was very kind, knowledgeable, and willing to take the time to explain what treatment and medications I would be receiving.  The folks in the CAT scan department, the billing and registration personnel, and in fact EVERYONE - All were extremely caring, helpful, and polite.

The only negative is that (as is so often the case in our Gatlinburg area) employees are overworked and in very short supply.  A wonderful new hospital without enough staff is of only limited usefulness.  The resourceful nature of the employees at our LeConte Medical Center was remarkable as they all did double duty.  Whether the apparent under staffing was caused by the lack of properly trained and qualified personnel available or due to budget considerations, my experience would have been even better if the professionals there would have had more help.

Fortunately, I don't spend much time in doctor's offices and even less as a patient in the hospital so my knowledge of other facilities is very limited.  It may be that all hospitals are now tending to be understaffed but I hope that isn't the case.  I believe that our new facility will be able to provide even better care as it is more fully staffed.  Either way, I'm very grateful for Jeffrey, Ashley, and Dr. Bradley as well as everyone else that worked to make me feel better Wednesday night!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Smoky Mountain Water Wells but were Afraid to Ask!

Comments Please!!

Comments Please!