How Do I Mispell Thee, Let Me Count the Ways!

Just when I thought that I had seen all of the ways that our Gatlinburg community's name could be mangled, I found a new and inventive variation today.  For the record, here are all the ways that I have seen our Tennessee town's name mispelled:

Gatlenberg, Gatlenburg, Gatlinborg, Gattlenburg, Ober Gaitlinburg, Ober-Gatlinberg, Obergaitlinburg, Obergalinburt, Obergarlinburg, Obergartlinburg, Obergatilanburg, Obergatilinburg, Obergatlenburg, Obergatlinberg, Obergatlinburg, Obergatlinburge, Obergatlinburgh, Obergatlingburg, Obergattlinburg

While Pigeon Forge is pretty simple to spell, Sevierville is another story all together.  For the record, here a few of the incorrect options when attempting to spell Sevierville:

Seaverville, Severeville, Seavereville, Sivereville, Sevearville, etc...

I spell Sevierville (where my family lives actually) this way:

FUN!

If you haven't visited Sevierville, you've missed a treat.  With some of the best shopping in the area and now lots of new restaurants, Sevierville is undoubtedly "moving on up!".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Smoky Mountain Water Wells but were Afraid to Ask!

Comments Please!!

Comments Please!