Just How Cold Has it Been??

Last Saturday around 2pm I left from our home in Sevierville headed to Nashville for a flight that would leave very early Sunday morning.  My trip lasted 4 days and while I was gone my truck stayed in the hotel's open air parking lot.  When I returned Wednesday evening my large styrofoam cup still had the ice cubes that I put in the cup on Saturday intact.  That's how cold it has been in Tennessee for the past several days.  Fortunately, temperatures are finally warming up and we were above freezing yesterday here in Gatlinburg for the first time in several days.  Don't think that I've ever seen this sort of cold in our normally mild East Tennessee climate.  In fact, we nearly set a record for the most consecutive days where the temperature failed to climb above the freezing mark.  With some snow remaining in the shady spots on back roads, school began 1 hour late today and will only return to a normal schedule tomorrow.  Most of the time, snows here are gone in just a day or two but not this snow. 

It's a good thing that I don't live in International Falls or maybe North Dakota!  Think I'll stick with Gatlinburg real estate for now.  Tomorrow's high temperature is forecasted to be around 55 so the remaining snow should melt away.  Won't really miss it so much...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Smoky Mountain Water Wells but were Afraid to Ask!

Comments Please!

Comments Please!!