Next Time I'll Be More Blunt...

Lost a listing this week for a Sevierville residential property that we have had on the market for 6 months.  Very little activity and the sellers weren't pleased.  When we initially discussed what the listing price would be, I tried very gently to explain that due to our current market conditions their house wasn't worth what it had appraised for 2 years ago.  In fact, sadly, it probably isn't worth even what they owe.  Trying to be a "nice" guy, I agreed to their significantly higher than I recommended asking price to "just try".  Six months later they aren't happy and I wasted a good deal of time and marketing effort to no avail.  The moral of the story, if a Smoky Mountain property isn't priced aggressively in this real estate market, it has almost no chance of selling.  With 84 sales this year closed or pending, I have to believe that I know what it takes to sell a Sevier County piece of real estate.  Good photos, an effective description, excellent market exposure, and a compelling price is the recipe for success.  Anything less than this simply won't work in our current Gatlinburg area real estate market...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Smoky Mountain Water Wells but were Afraid to Ask!

Comments Please!

Comments Please!!