Sadly, We Don't Sell Every Listing...

It happened again this week, another seller whose Gatlinburg real estate didn't sell.  It is a very attractive home in a good location between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.  The property has been meticulously maintained and showed very well.  To maintain the seller's privacy I won't display a photo but trust me, this is a very nice home.  Nobody in our Gatlinburg area real estate market sold more homes than I did last year (I personally had 143 sales in 2010) but still, this home didn't sell.  The reason is quite simple - It was all about the price which was seriously wrong.  Referred to me by a friend who is an officer at a local bank, I tried to explain to the clients that as attractive as their home was, it simply wouldn't sell for the price that they had in mind.  Unfortunately, they wouldn't listen to me and now are upset that we had very little activity and no offers.  When I first toured the property and told them what it was worth in our challenging Gatlinburg real estate market, they refused to believe me. As a courtesy, I agreed to list and market their home despite knowing that it was priced significantly too high.  For my effort and investment I now have an unhappy non-seller who still owns their over-priced home. I on the other hand am out marketing dollars, staff time, and personal effort.  As salt in the wound the sellers now have a very ungrateful attitude and have actually been more than a little rude.  That is what always happens with over-priced listings.  Everyone comes away disappointed and nobody is better off.  You would think I would eventually learn...

If on the other hand you are interested in selling your property at a reasonable price in this market, please contact us!!  We have had an excellent 2011 and look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Smoky Mountain Water Wells but were Afraid to Ask!

Comments Please!

Comments Please!!